Thursday, August 13, 2015

Classroom Tour #1


Well, folks! It's is finally here! A chance to share my classroom for this year. I'm in the same room as the past two years, but I changed it up just a little. I added in a bright coral and some black. I think the black really makes the colors pop! Evidently, I took way too many pictures! I am sharing some now and will share more in a few days! I'm going to tell a little about each picture. You can leave questions in the comments section below!

 This is what my classroom looks like when you walk through my door. Most of the time I only have on 2/3 of my lights. I have a lot of lamps and prefer those over the overheads. Just in case you are wondering (which a lot do!) the color over my lights are fabric rectangles. I put these over my lights because 1) I like color 2) It helps the lights not be so bright 3) My kids love them!
 This is my student supply area. Students are allowed to use any of the materials here. In the green bucket beside the lamp is a great haul of Mr. Sketch markers. At the end of the year, I always put my Mr. Sketch markers out for my students to use. We create a lot of student-created anchor charts and examples and the students love using scented markers!
 This is under my focus board and whiteboard. These are my Speaking & Listening standard posters. You can find them here. We are going to talk about these on Friday before our book shares begin!
 These are my Flip Books for Parent Night! I had these out for my parents at opening house. They loved them and all the information they were able to take home and read right away. You can download it here.
 This is probably one of my favorite areas in my classroom.... my classroom library. It has taken a while (and a lot of Donors Choose projects) to get this library where my students have plenty to read! My students are not allowed to check out books from our school library right away. It was so great to put books in the hands of my students on the second day of school! I plan on using the green board to display our Scholastic goal chart, anchor charts, and anything else!
 This is the view of my classroom from the back of my room. I have tables this year which I LOVE!
 Small group area and teacher desk area.
 This is behind my small group table. I store a lot of my teaching resources and personal things on these bookcases. I love having pictures of my family around my room. I think it helps your students feel that they are a part of your family! 
 This is where I store my task cards for reading and ELA. This was the best thing I did last year! You can download them for free here.
 My desk... there's a lot going on but everything I need is right where I need it :)
 I LOVE my Ikea desktop sorter :) It makes my heart happy!
 One of my favorite places in my room... my document camera station. I use this every.single.day! Can any of you NOT live without it?
 This is my adorable wooden door hanger by no other than myself! If you are interested in one of these, leave your email in the comments section and I can send you an invoice. I have two of these available for only $35 each! It even comes with a small chalkboard area for your very own personalization! {Please note they do not say "welcome back."}
 This is a view of my small group area from my classroom door. This is the area you first see when you walk in!
 I LOVE my Instagram wall and can't wait to change it out with some of our very own Instagram photos from the classroom!
Lastly, this is my beautiful view from my small group table. I think it's important for your room to be a place you love to be. I think I have accomplished that and I truly LOVE the bright coral and black I added this year!

Questions? Comments? Leave them below and I'll get back to you as soon as I can!

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At August 13, 2015 at 10:15 PM , Blogger Alison Rose said...

Your room is BEAUTIFUL! I would absolutely love to be a student in your classroom. I want to put fabric on my lights, make an instagram wall and add coral now!!!! Thanks for sharing!
Alison
Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

 
At August 14, 2015 at 9:57 AM , Blogger khall said...

Your room looks great!!!

 
At August 14, 2015 at 9:37 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you!

 
At August 14, 2015 at 9:37 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks!

 
At September 2, 2015 at 7:07 PM , Blogger Charlotte said...

Super cute! Your library area is darling! I love how you can configure the table in all those different ways! Fun room!
The Techie Playground 

 

Post a Comment

Hi! I would love to hear from you!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home