- Materials used by the teacher first, then placed in the station: NO
- Materials do not change weekly, but rather changed to reflect the students learning objectives: YES
- All students go to stations daily: TUESDAY-THURSDAY
- Materials are differentiated: NO
- The teacher observes work or meets with differentiated math groups: YES
These are my math stations. As you can see, my tubs are labeled with station 1, 2, etc. I've changed this. I now have labels like fluency, vocabulary, geometry, etc. It's more around the concepts we learn. I keep my directions in a two-pocket folder with the name of the station on front. I want to laminate these this year because the kiddos keep messing them up! Above the stations, I have shelves with magazine holders. These magazine holders are also labeled with fluency, vocabulary, geometry, etc. When a station is not in use, the folder goes there and the materials get put away. Opposite of my stations I have a bookshelf with baskets. These baskets contain our math manipulatives. It's nice to have everything in one place!
Wednesday, June 1, 2011
Math Work Stations Linky Party
Mrs. Wills Kindergarten is hosting a linky party of the first two chapters of Debbie Diller's Math Work Stations book. I do have to admit that I do not differentiate my math work stations. But, I can answer most of these questions....