Sunday, August 16, 2015

Peek at My Week: Week #2

We are starting week 2 tomorrow! Last week was our first full week. We spent a lot of time talking about routines, what our class schedule will look like, and choosing good fit books. We also had our first book share on Friday which went really well! I don't have any pictures to share because I was OH.SO.TIRED! I swear I went to bed around 8 or 9:00 every night. Tonight, I'm linking up with Dee Dee to share my visual plans for this coming week.

Before I get into my plans, let me say a few things. This is my first year teaching four classes. Last year I had a little over 2 hours with each class! I have no idea what this schedule is going to actually be like once I begin, and I can honestly say that I think I have way over planned! I just don't think I'm going to have enough time! Secondly, 4th & 5th grades are in a separate building from the rest of the school. We have a designated day every other week to devote to library time. It pretty much takes up the entire day. In between visits, my students use my classroom library and 2-3 book carts in our building. 

These are not my lesson plans. I am putting them in a visual format for you, my readers, to see. I use a lesson plan book that I write in. I've done digital plans the past three years, but I'm too OCD for that! I found that I spent more time on changing fonts and making them cutesy! It took me forever to lesson plan!

If you have any other questions about anything you see, leave them in the comments section below and I will try to answer them!
Resources Link

Since we do a lot of constructed response right away (in science & social studies, too) I always start off with this unit! This is the unit where I also introduce my text talker board. I will probably focus more on that during week #3. I always start my Monday off with an anchor chart. We usually use it for the entire week. It will go on my reading board in my classroom. 
I am going to use my lapbook that I created for this unit for note taking, partner work, and independent practice. I plan on blogging about this when my students finish it this week. After the lap book, my students will get more practice by using task cards. I will use this time to work with students who had a difficult time with their independent work from Tuesday. 

I can only devote 2-3 days to grammar and writing. I plan on alternating weeks so I can fit them both in. Even though I do not have it here, my students will have time responding to what they read with writing. I haven't figured it all out yet so that's why I didn't post it.

I will devote some time each day to read alouds. This will also be connected with the skill we are working on for the week. For vocabulary, we are using words from our read alouds as well. This is something new I am starting this year after reading Word Nerds. I'm not really sure how this will go, but I'm excited {and nervous}! Our first day is tomorrow! I also plan on blogging about how it goes this week. 

This week is pretty much going to be a try and see. I have a lot of new things I'm trying in a shorter amount of time. I can't wait to see how it all flows together. If you haven't already, go link up and see what everyone else is teaching this week!


Labels:

1 Comments:

At August 18, 2015 at 1:08 AM , Blogger Deedee Wills said...

Oh my goodness! I think my head would pop off! Your DAY! I totally understand why you are tired!

Thank you for linking up!!!!

 

Post a Comment

Hi! I would love to hear from you!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home