Saturday, August 11, 2012

2012-2013 Classroom

Hi there!  It has been a while since I've had a chance to post.  I've been crazy busy with school.  I went back this past Monday and my students returned yesterday.  I did manage to snag a few photos of my classroom that I wanted to share.

This is my small group area.  My students sit with me at my table and I use my wheasel for teaching.  I also L.O.V.E. my counter where I can store extra things.  This area looks A LOT different from last year.  Previously, I only had my table and portable white boards for the students.  I'm looking forward to using/creating anchor charts during small group and really using this time to instruct a small group of students.

Same area from the opposite side.  I love how I have created a little 'nook' here by placing the bookshelf where it is.  I also can't wait to use that adorable chart tablet on the table.
This is the front view of my small group area.  Last year, I used stools at the table because of the large size of my classes.  I may switch back if I don't like the big bulky chairs.

This is a view of my area.  I have a huge classroom so I have the opportunity to have a large area for myself... I love it!  It looks a little messy, but I know exactly where everything is!  The 'bulletin board' in the back is actually just fabric over my whiteboard.  I thought this would look better than a large blank whiteboard.  I will use this area to hang important notes and drawings my kids make for me.  If you read this post, you read about my new lamp that I had sitting on my desk.  Guess what happened?  While I was tackling that crazy 'board' area, I was standing on my desk {I know... I shouldn't be} and hit the lamp with my foot.  It tumbled off my desk and broke into a million pieces.  Needless to say, I wanted to cry.  However, I found this cute lamp at Target for only $17.00, and it's not GLASS!!!

Here's a closer look of my desk/computer area.  Nothing special, but I love it!  I have everything I need to plan at my fingertips!


This is a view of my room from my back door that leads outside.  My small group area is just outside of the picture on the left.  {I LOVE my leaf from Ikea}

I had these waiting on the students at open house.  I had made cute stars to glue on, but I didn't remember them until I had all of them already ready.   Needless to say, I didn't fix them.  The kids did love them!  BTW- it says "we are going to have a bright year."

This is my door to my classroom.  I have a cute ruler wreath that I made hanging on my door.  The bright baskets on the shelf are where my students turn in their papers when they are finished.  The small black board on my cabinet is a magnetic dry-erase board that says 'reminders.'  This is where I will have the students put bus/car notes, etc.  The blue pocket chart on the right is where I will put my vocabulary cards we are working on.  After we have discussed them, I will then move them to my vocabulary wall.   

This is my teaching/whole group area.  Again... I love my leaf!


This is the view of my classroom when you walk in my door.  My area is in the back to the right and my small group area is to the left.

Another view of my whole group/teaching area.

whole group/teaching area

Another view of my classroom as you enter my door.

This is where I store my math stations.  On the back whiteboard, the divided sections are for my math calendar.

While I was writing this post, I noticed that I don't have any close-ups of anything.  I am going to work on that next week because I have a lot of neat things I would like to share like my bulletin set I created, my vocabulary wall, things I used my Cameo for, and some other small things.

post signature

Labels:

8 Comments:

At August 11, 2012 at 12:56 PM , Blogger The Blossoming Classroom said...

Looks great! I love how you have cubbies for all the books. And a podium? Wow! Jealous! Sorry about your lamp but that new one is super cute :)

~ Mizz J
Apple Blossoms

 
At August 11, 2012 at 4:16 PM , Blogger Miss Foote said...

I love the bright colors. More than the colors I love the "non-busy" feel of the room. Can you come do mine next.

Laurie
Chickadee Jubilee

 
At August 13, 2012 at 12:38 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

My wonderful husband built me that podium my first year of teaching. I rarely use it, but I just can't find it in me to give it away.

 
At August 13, 2012 at 12:39 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you! That's what all the other teachers say at my school :-)

 
At August 14, 2012 at 10:09 AM , Blogger Megan said...

Your room looks awesome!! I agree with the comment above. Lots of "stuff" overwhelms me. How am I just now finding your blog??? Glad I did.

Megan
http://teachingsuperpower.blogspot.com/2012/07/my-last-monday-made-it.html

 
At August 16, 2012 at 12:30 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Your classroom is HUGE and amazing! I love it :) I am a new follower. I am also a new blogger and TPT seller.

Check out my pages at

My TPT Store

Taking a Walk on the Teaching Side

 
At August 22, 2012 at 9:08 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks, Megan!

 
At August 22, 2012 at 9:08 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks, Kristin!

 

Post a Comment

Hi! I would love to hear from you!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home