Monday, April 11, 2011

Welcome to My Room!

Here a few pictures of my classroom.  I am one of the lucky ones.... I have one of the largest classrooms in the school!  I teach math and science to 4th grade students so I am privileged to have tons of counter space!

I made these to label my tables in my classroom... How adorable!!!


These are my state standards I have posted on the wall.  My county uses "I can" statements in kid-friendly terms.  When we work on a standard, we highlight it with highlighting tape and put a 'W' beside it.  When we are finished, our standard is highlighted and we move on to the next ones.  At the end of the school year, all standards are highlighted.


Here is my math word wall.  I didn't have the wall room for it so I put it on my closet door.  Word walls are important---- don't just have them for the looks of it.  Actually use them!  My kids use these all the time in their math talk and working through problems.

There's more to come.... I'm just getting started :)

Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:

At April 12, 2011 at 9:50 PM , Blogger Stacey said...

Hi Terri! It's nice to find you. I teach 4th and 5th grade. :)

 
At April 13, 2011 at 7:39 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

What subjects do you teach? I teach math and science. It's so difficult to find fellow bloggers who teach 3-5. If you know of any more let me know. I would love to read their blogs.

 
At May 7, 2011 at 8:38 AM , Blogger Abigail said...

Terri- I love your math word wall! I found something similar online, but have lost the link. Do you have a link you could pass on. I would be so grateful! Thanks in advance!!
-Abby

 
At May 7, 2011 at 11:47 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks Abigail- check out my newest post... just for you :)

 
At May 31, 2011 at 10:58 PM , Blogger Melissa said...

Terri- I love reading your blog! I am very excited that my role will be changing a bit as I will also be teaching math and science next year, but to first graders. I so wish you were in a lower grade, but I may bounce ideas for guided math off of you anyway!
F is For First Grade

 
At December 21, 2011 at 3:45 PM , Blogger sdgillyard said...

I love these vocabulary words. Did you make them or gt them from a website or what?

 
At December 29, 2011 at 10:20 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

No, I did not make them. My district has a link on their website for them. You can find them here http://www.madison.k12.ga.us/elementarymath/index.htm
You will see a section titled 'Grade-Level Vocabulary Cards.' There are cards from K-5.

 

Post a Comment

Hi! I would love to hear from you!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home