Monday, March 19, 2012

The Privilege Jar

Okay, so being on maternity leave has really got me thinking about some new fresh and fun ideas for my kiddos.  My sister is currently going to a weekly Bible study on Sunday evenings.  It's about disciplining your children.  I'm so bummed that I can't go {it started right after Hudson was born} because I feel like I could really use some help with my SPUNKY 2 year old.  Most of the things she has learned are for older children and things I can't really use at home right now.  The newest thing that she's implemented at home {and her girls love} is the privilege jar.  Basically, she sat down with her girls and asked them some things they would like to do.  Some of these include painting their Dad's toenails, drinking a coke at dinner, and some other cute things.  These are written on strips of paper, folded, and placed in a jar.  When she feels they have done something EXTREMELY awesome, she may {not always} tell them that they can pull a privilege from the jar.  This is the cutest idea, and it got me thinking..... this would be A.W.E.S.O.M.E. to use in the classroom!  I think it would be a good idea to have your students {with your approval} come up with the privileges.  When you are finished, it may look something like this!



I hope you all can gain some use from these ideas and use them in your classroom.  If you already use this or if you decide to use it, I would love to hear from you!

post signature

Labels:

7 Comments:

At July 22, 2012 at 6:01 PM , Blogger Heather said...

I just saw your post on Pinterest, and I just have to say that I love this idea! I think this would be a great way to motivate students. It's something different than they're used to and I think they would absolutely love it!! :)

I'm also excited to check out other posts on your blog! Thanks for sharing your thoughts and ideas with us all in blogland!

 
At August 26, 2012 at 11:50 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is a very neat idea. I am goint to incorporated this into my management program. Thanks for the idea!!!!!

 
At March 7, 2013 at 6:21 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is A.W.E.S.O.M.E an acryonm for something?

 
At April 4, 2013 at 2:48 PM , Blogger Elements of Elementary said...

I stumbled across this on Pinterest as well, and immediately thought, "WHY did I not come up with this before now?" I can't wait to try this next year in the classroom and see how a positive reward system (without tons of trinkets and a class store) will work!
Thanks for the awesome idea!
Jillian
Elements of Elementary

 
At July 2, 2013 at 5:53 PM , Anonymous rebecca at thisfineday said...

Oh my- this is so amazing! I love this idea and will make one today. We have the boredom jar, but not this. Positive reinforcement is such a powerful motivator :-) Thanks so much for the idea!

 
At June 7, 2014 at 6:31 AM , Blogger Vaidehi said...

OMG, this is wonderful idea, any teacher can follow in the classroom and children love to do this n I feel within a week time children can be brought into a core. Thank you.

 
At July 21, 2014 at 7:37 PM , Blogger Share a moment with a child said...

Might just work with my VPK class...thanks for sharing.

 

Post a Comment

Hi! I would love to hear from you!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home