Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Currently... Better late than never i guess

Well, to say I haven't posted in a while is an extreme exaggeration!  I have been super busy with all my wifey, mommy, and teachy duties  that I rarely have time to do anything for myself.  I DID want to post my currently, so I am doing it now.  Maybe next time I will not wait until the 6th day of the month to do so... who knows!

So, about work.... does anyone teach in Georgia and think our pacing guide is bit whacked?  I mean, how am I suppose to cover geometry AND measurement in the 4th quarter when the CRCT is at the
half-way mark of the 4th quarter?  I guess they didn't think about that.  So, I have literally been teaching like my hair is on fire and I.AM.EXHAUSTED!  Not to mention that I have been trying to get in extra exercising because I am on Weight Watchers (which I have lost almost 10 pounds!!)  My goal is to be a lifetime member.  If none of you know what that is... it's basically getting super skinny and staying there!

Lastly, I am in need of 2 wonderful editors to edit my MCC4.OA math stations that I will be compiling into one huge set.  This will be 16 math centers that correlate with ALL the 4th grade OA standards.  It's a huge file that I have been using in my own classroom.  A lot of the centers also incorporate a great deal of writing as the students explain their thinking process.  I will take the first two to comment below with their email address.  I will probably not have this all together until the weekend.  I just wanted to go ahead and have my editors in line.

Okay... Currently time!



post signature

Labels:

6 Comments:

At March 6, 2013 at 10:14 AM , Blogger Dawn said...

Hi Terri,

Congrats on doing so well with WW! I can edit for you if you would like! :)

Dawn
apples.owls.mochas(at)gmail(dot)com

Apples, Owls, and Peppermint Mochas

 
At March 6, 2013 at 12:50 PM , Blogger Amy said...

Hi Terri,

I feel like I'm teaching with my hair on fire too ... it's that time of year, I guess! I'm happy to edit for you! :-)

Amy teachertalkamy[at]gmail.com

 
At March 6, 2013 at 3:07 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Congratulations on 10 lbs! Woot! That is awesome. I need to get myself there. I am not in Georgia - but in Texas we are sometimes blown away with our pacing guides as well. In second grade we had to teach addition and subtraction with regrouping (a skill they have NEVER seen before) in a week. Hello! Obviously teachers are not writing this stuff. So glad you did Currently and I had a chance to stop by!
Heidi

 
At March 6, 2013 at 7:11 PM , Blogger Elise said...

Oh goodness, I'm in Georgia and it's like a mad dash before the CRCT!! I'm so nervous all the time!

 
At March 6, 2013 at 9:50 PM , Blogger Ashley said...

Congrats on losing 10! I found you through Farley and kinda wish I could lose 10 too! :)Also, I'm taco fan and a tattling-hater haha. I actually went to Taco Bell today for dinner. I was pouting because I didn't get a snow day, a 2 hour delay, or ANY snow when they called for 2-4inches. And tattling-hate...well, I just was given a turtle for my classroom pet and I'm resisting the urge to name him "The Tattle Turtle." That poor turtle might go insane if all my tattlers actually told him their tattles haha. I think I'll stick with Yertle. Classic!
Ashley
Free Fallin Into First

 
At March 7, 2013 at 11:33 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

How do you do the "currently"? I've always wanted to fill them out but I don't know how to. Congrats on the 10 pounds!

 

Post a Comment

Hi! I would love to hear from you!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home