Sunday, April 27, 2014

Exciting News!

Hey, ya'll!

I'm back this week with a quick check in!  First of all, it was announced {2 weeks ago} that I was named Teacher of the Year at my school!



It is truly an honor and something I am very proud of.  Since I became a teacher, I always wanted to earn this award.  Here's the catch... now I have to write a {VERY} lengthy paper this summer, but that's okay!  I am actually looking forward to sharing my journey to teaching.

This week, we are finishing up our state testing.  We had reading last Thursday and ELA last Friday.  This is a relief because these are the subjects I teach.  I feel relief knowing that part is over with.  We have the day off from testing tomorrow and resume on Tuesday.  Since social studies and science are coming up, I am going to spend tomorrow close reading an informational text about World War I.  So fun!

Right now, I am finishing up chapter 3 of Falling in Love with Close Reading and will be posting about chapter 2 this week.  Also, look for my May Print & Go packet similar to this April one.


I need to get a move on.. I haven't even started it yet... YIKES!

Looking forward... I am working on a close reading packet.  It will probably be a while before this one is ready.  I want it to be just right!

Happy Week!

post signature

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At April 27, 2014 at 11:04 PM , Blogger Alison Rose said...

Congratulations on being named teacher of the year at your school! Very exciting!
Alison
Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

 
At April 28, 2014 at 11:56 PM , Blogger Rachel said...

Congrats!! That's such an awesome honor!! Your new blog design is super cute! I didn't recognize you at first! ;)
Rachel
A Tall Drink of Water

 

Post a Comment

Hi! I would love to hear from you!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home