Sunday, August 23, 2015

Peek at My Week: Week #3

Well, another week is upon us! That means it is time for a Peek at my Week with Mrs. Wills' weekly link up. Here are my visuals, and I'm going to explain a little bit about what I'm doing!
Text Talker Cards // Text-Based Evidence Posters (Hello Lit.) // Comp Files (by LAR) // Task Cards (TWAMV)

To say that I'm a little disappointed with how last week went is an understatement. I am already so behind what I had hoped to have done. My read aloud time is pretty much non-existent, and only one of my classes has time for independent reading time. That is TOTALLY unacceptable! I'm definitely going to be doing some major reflection on how I need my literacy block to work and how I can accomplish that. To help a little, I have decided to have a formal grammar and writing lesson on alternate weeks.

After this week, I'm sure my plans will look a lot different. I am going to try to read a little more and talk a little less :) I already have an alternate plan for my co-teaching class. There are three teachers in the room and we are each doing a small group each day, so I will be teaching the same thing for three days while the others teach something different.

One thing that went really well was my vocabulary study. It took a little longer than expected, but I was pleased with how it finished out. 
If you want to read more about it, you can here.

Go link up with Mrs. Wills!


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I would love to hear from you!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home