Thursday, April 28, 2011

Classroom Management?

Mrs. Randall over at Mrs. Randalls Learning Library is having a linky party for classroom management. I have linked up with others on her blog.... but mine is a little different.  I am in desperate need of help with this one.  I teach over 75 different kids each day.  I have two classes of math and two classes of science.  Currently, we use a behavior check system where students receive a check for bad behavior.  Then, they must walk the 'trail of tears' as we call it at recess.  I am looking for something else for my fourthies.  Fourth graders are still a little baby-ish and like cute things but want to be treated as if they were in 5th grade.  During my first year teaching, I used a table points system where I would give points to the table that was quiet, quick, & efficient.  This worked well for me because I only had my homeroom students all day. For the past three years, I have been departmentalized.  It's difficult to find something I can use with ALL my students.  PLEASE HELP with any ideas :)

Labels:

4 Comments:

At April 28, 2011 at 9:24 PM , Blogger Mrs. Randall said...

Terri, thanks for joining the linky party. I hope you can find something that works for you. I wonder if you could continue your table points system by having a jar or container for each table that you can add colored rocks or skittles to each time you want. You could keep all of the table point jars in a tupperware or large tray so that you could switch them out when your next class comes in. I have a team mate who uses something similar to this and she calls them "rainbow rocks" which I think is so cute! She got tons of colored rocks at a craft store.Good luck!
Kelley-3rd
Mrs. Randall’s Learning Library

 
At April 29, 2011 at 5:01 PM , Blogger Rachel said...

I also teach 4th and we use a clipboard/check system for behavior as well. Consequences are connected to the # of checks. It seems to work well for us. I also recently started using sticker rewards to make sure to encourage positive behavior. Check out my blog post on discipline!

Thanks!

Rachel
Go Fourth! With Owens

 
At May 1, 2011 at 8:22 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Kelley, that's a great idea. I went to a guided math workshop today and several of the teachers incorporated table points into money and deposits as part of their daily calendar. I like the idea of jars and rocks because I could change them for each class.

 
At May 1, 2011 at 8:24 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Rachel,
Thanks for your help. I'm a new follower of your blog :)

 

Post a Comment

Hi! I would love to hear from you!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home