Friday, July 19, 2013

Favorite Pins Friday

Hey, ya'll!  I am linking up with Cara @ The First Grade Parade for my very first Favorite Pins Friday!
If you follow me on Pinterest then you know that I LOVE to pin things for my classroom and for fashion.  I have probably made more pin-inspired things for my classroom then my home.  Sad... I know!  Here are a few of my current favs!

#1

Source: Etsy
First of all, lets get something straight.... I LOVE to shop!  Right now I am sooo wanting this infinity scarf.  It will look so perfect paired with a white tee and jeans for the fall.  Did I mention that I need this??

 #2

Source: http://www.momto2poshlildivas.com
Spelling is a huge weakness.  Heck, sometimes it my weakness!  lol  It would be great to incorporate some of these ideas into word work.  They could be used with spelling words, new words, or vocabulary words.

 #3

Source: First Grade Fresh
I just love this focus board.  I've looked at it from every angle and just can't decide how to incorporate it into my 5th grade classroom.  We don't really practice letter sounds and such so I'm not sure what all our focus would be.

 #4

Source: Just Reed!
I L-O-V-E this idea and I am soooo doing this for back to school!  Isn't it just so darn cute?  This would be great to hand out either at open house or on the first day of school.  It's a great way to have important information all together.

 #5

Source: Create, Teach, Share!
I've been meaning to make a Boggle board for my classroom.  Maybe writing about it here will remind me??  Probably not!  lol  I am wanting to incorporate the boggle board into some word work stations.  Now my mind is gearing up for where I can put it.

 #6

Source: Ideas by Jivey
Lastly, I haven't decided if I want to incorporate some type of clip chart for writing.  I don't know how this would work since it would have about 50 students using it (I teach 2 classes.)  I do like the look of it though.  This is something I am going to think about.....



post signature


11 Comments:

At July 19, 2013 at 9:19 AM , Blogger The Sweetest Thing said...

Love the back to school packet!

Lauren
The Sweetest Thing
Follow me on Bloglovin'!

 
At July 19, 2013 at 9:41 AM , Blogger Mrs. Shepherd said...

Love that scarf also! It is so cute! I am also thinking of having a writing clip chart and I also have two classes of 4th grade. I was thinking of making two, but making it more for the stages of the writing process. We also don't focus much on Spelling and actually just did away with our Spelling workbooks and replaced it with a grammar workbook. There are a few Spelling patterns in the CCSS for 4th grade students that they need to be familiar with, maybe 5th grade has some also.

Erica
Shepherd's Shining Stars

 
At July 19, 2013 at 9:44 AM , Blogger Kelly said...

I pinned the back to school flip book last week. I think it looks terrific! I love the focus board, that one just got pinned!
Kelly
I'm Not Your Grandpa, I'm Your Teacher

 
At July 19, 2013 at 12:24 PM , Blogger FabandFunin4th! said...

I remember seeing posts about Boggle boards last year and wanted to make one and never did. Maybe seeing your pin will remind me to make one for this year...hopefully!
Bethany

FabandFunin4th!

 
At July 19, 2013 at 2:38 PM , Blogger Molly Moloney said...

One idea for the word/spelling focus board for your upper grade kids could be word roots/morphology type stuff (like graph=writing and then a list of words with graph in it (graphic, geography, etc.,) Just an idea :)

 
At July 19, 2013 at 2:41 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Meee too!

 
At July 19, 2013 at 2:43 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I'm trying to find the fabric for the scarf because I could sooo make that! My kids could always use help with spelling patterns. Especially my struggling students. I think it would be good to go like on a door or something small.

 
At July 19, 2013 at 2:43 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I can't wait to work on the flip book :)

 
At July 19, 2013 at 2:43 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

We should both promise to make one and then share them! lol

 
At July 19, 2013 at 2:44 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

That's a great idea. We are really focusing on greek / latin roots this year so I think that would work. Thank you!

 
At July 30, 2013 at 10:32 AM , Blogger Christy said...

I liked that last pin for writing goals as well, but it didn't quite fit my needs. I made one based on the 6-Traits (what my school focuses on) and on 8.5x11 for each goal. I think I can have either magnets or clothespins for each section I teach on either side of the chart. I think it may just work!

Christy
Teaching Tales Along the Yellow Brick Road

 

Post a Comment

Hi! I would love to hear from you!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home