Friday, July 18, 2014

Favorite Pins Friday

Hey, Hey!  Unfortunately, another Friday is here which means we are one week closer to going back to work :(  On the upside, it's time for another Favorite Pins Friday!
 This week, I've been pinning a lot of personal things for my family.  My son's 5th birthday is next month, and our family pictures are in September.  I've been preparing for these fun events:)

First up is a great blog post about how improve student's writing.  Sorry, but I don't think the particular picture goes with the 'beef' of this post.  She has 5 great tips that make a lot of sense about writing in your classroom.

This is going to be the color scheme (and my outfit) for our family photos in September.  I'm thinking about finding a mustard shirt for the hubs and maybe two different gray shirts for the boys.  I LOVE this color scheme!

This is the cutest idea ever!  I'm thinking about doing this with the teachers at my school.  It's a Christmas sock exchange with goodies inside the socks.  It's different, unique, and I love it!

This is a simple tutorial about how to create chair pockets for your classroom. So cute!
Have you checked out Leslie from Life in Fifth Grade?  She has a lot of great ideas on her blog.  One of her most recents is this text evidence bulletin board which would be great for any classroom.  I like this because it gives students a type of formula to use when supporting their work from evidence from the text and citing their support.

That's all this week.  Summer is quickly fading away, and I don't feel like I have accomplished very much this summer.  I have enjoyed spending the days with my sweet boys.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At July 18, 2014 at 12:40 PM , Blogger Tidbits from the TAG Teacher said...

Loving the mustard yellow custom scheme too! Last year I used a Plum Paper Designs planner and ordered another one for this year, but I love the planner you are using and may be switching to that next year. Your new one is so cute!

Stacy
http://fifthgradeconfessions.blogspot.com/

 
At July 18, 2014 at 2:21 PM , Blogger Linda said...

I love the idea of a christmas sock exchange! I had chair pockets, but some got messed up so I need to redo them. They are great to have!

Linda
Down the Learning Road

 
At July 18, 2014 at 9:04 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I have seen some of the Plum Paper Designs. They are super cute!

 
At July 18, 2014 at 9:05 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I teach 5th and I still think they would be nice to have. Especially for the teachers with tables. I have desks, so they just slide their things in.

 

Post a Comment

Hi! I would love to hear from you!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home