Friday, July 11, 2014

Favorite Pins Friday

Unfortunately, I just realized that I only have 4 more Fridays before I head back to work.  Is it possible that summer is too quickly coming to an end?  I feel like I have accomplished absolutely nothing... nada!  My classroom is usually all set up by now, but my floors haven't even been cleaned yet :/  Anywho, here's another Favorite Pins Friday for ya!

{Source}
I used this resource last year and loved it!  This year, Kristen has added a spelling component that I can't wait to use.  I see a post in the near future about how I incorporate this into my busy 5th grade literacy block.  It was Ah-mazing how the students actually used the meanings of parts of words to help them decode meaning.

{Source}
I'm going to be honest, there is nothing special about this picture.  But don't let that fool you into not checking it out.  This teacher has some great ideas of how to incorporate word work into a busy schedule.  I love that she offers choices to her students.  Students love to feel like they have a say!

{Source}
What's not to love about this picture?  I love how everything is organized, labeled, and has a home!  I also love how this teacher has added personal pictures to make it feel a little more 'homey'.

{Source}
I have always been a lover of binders.  I have a filing cabinet in my classroom, but I mostly use it for storage of other things besides papers.  With all honesty, I could probably do away with it and not miss is.  If you are still stuck using a filling cabinet to store all your materials, then check out this blog where this teacher discusses ditching your cabinet.

{Source}
Here's another classroom idea just because I like it!  This year I am working on having a few low shelving units near my desk so that everything will seem to flow.  Right now, I have a tall one behind my desk.  I may still keep it, but I am wanting to try out some shorter ones to get the look that this teacher has.

And there you have it!  Another Friday has come and gone!  I am hoping to keep this going when school starts back.  I love it because I love sharing ideas and I like pinning.  Having something to post kind of makes me accountable for finding some really great things on Pinterest.



Labels:

1 Comments:

At July 12, 2014 at 1:08 AM , Blogger Alison Rose said...

I have a very tight space between my desk and the wall. We can't move it around because of the technology being attached to the wall. I would love to have shelving like you shared. :(
Alison
Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

 

Post a Comment

Hi! I would love to hear from you!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home