Thursday, June 26, 2014

Kindergarten Common Core Standards & Standards Checklist

Hi!  I'm stopping by to give you a little preview of some things I am working on.  I am making these to use with A Teacher's Planner, but you can use them as a stand-alone.  I am planning on completing all grades, K-5.  My next grade will be 5th.  I don't teach K, but I wanted to provide everyone a chance to grab these cute printables.  I left the picture below for a preview size, but you can click my TpT button below to find them in my store.



You may be wondering... How am I going to use these?  Well, I plan on using both the standards and the standards checklist with my lesson planner.  These will make planning so much easier.  No more going to find my standards and no more wondering what I've taught, when I taught it, and how many times I have taught it.  

I am planning on writing the dates of explicit teaching beside each standard, and I am going to try to explicitly teach each standard at least 3 times within the school year.  

What do I mean by explicitly teaching?  ELA is unique because you can teach a lot of standards in one lesson.  To me, explicit teaching is having a central focus on a standard.  Most of the time, I have a focus standard and other standards that are supporting standards.  So, if a standard was just a supporting standard, then I wouldn't place a date beside that standard.

What's best about this product?  They are so stinkin' cute and can be used as a way to help the teacher organize and a way to help the students assess their learning.  I just soooo love these!  

I am also planning on having my students use these in their literacy binders.  The standards will be just a resource to have, but I plan on using the standards checklist to have them self assess based on the standards we are working on.  I am thinking of having them date and rate the standards after we have a lesson on it.  There are 5 columns so they will have 5 chances/exposures to have a rate of 3.  

I am planning on the numbers representing:
3: I understand; I could teach someone else.
2: I am emerging in my understanding; I still need a little more practice.
1: I am novice in my understanding; I need remediation.

I have never used anything like this with my kids, so I am anxious to see how it goes. 

How are you planning to use them?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I would love to hear from you!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home