Friday, June 13, 2014

Favorite Pins Friday!

Hey Y'all!

I'm back again with another Favorite Pins Friday.  Here are some of my favorite pins from this week!




Isn't this small group area just lovely?  I love how everything is neat and has a place.  I've been searching {and tried} for a TON of different ways to organize my small group materials.  I actually have a lot of the same things this classroom does.  For example, I have a leaf, those same stools, a similar pen/marker caddy, and bins for each small group.  Unfortunately, I have no idea where this picture came from since it links to a window and not a blog :(  If you can help find the source, please let me know as I would love to read more about what all she has on her shelves.


Oh.My.Goodness!  This has got to be one of the best guided math websites I have ever found.  Cobb County Schools in Georgia has got it going on.  This links to a 'blog' type of website that has all sorts of information about what guided math is and resources to use.  I don't teach math anymore, but if I did, this would be my go-to place!  I also have some pretty good 'stuff' myself!  You can read it here.



Isn't this the cutest idea... ever?  As my 5th graders are reading, I am always trying to get them to be mindful of figurative language.  This is an awesome way to have them be mindful, but I could also see this as getting out of hand.  Where would all those post-its go?  I teach two classes, and I'm not sure what we would do with them all.  Any suggestions?  I could type them up every Friday and pass out for their notebooks on the following Monday.  That would work and it would also give me a time to proof read them to make sure they are correct.  I am definitely using this idea this year, so look for my printable this summer!  {BTW- I also like the point club clip system for AR.}


I like this because it's just so cute!  This is something I have tried in the past, but I hasn't worked for me... yet!  There are a ton of ideas on this teacher's blog.

This is a good resource for all you writing teachers out there.  This homeschooling mama shares what she does for her 2nd grade son's writing notebook.  She also has several free resources you can download and print.  This isn't something I will use right now, but maybe later :)

Have Fun Pinning!

post signature



Labels:

6 Comments:

At June 13, 2014 at 9:32 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Where did you buy your stools? I love them!

 
At June 13, 2014 at 12:39 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Ikea! They have different colors. Mine are a turquoise color.

 
At June 13, 2014 at 2:59 PM , Blogger Alison Rose said...

One of my co-workers just bought all of us stools for our 5th grade classrooms. I'm not sure where she ordered them from. They came in a stack of different colors and then she sorted them out. I got the green ones. I love Joanne's posters. She always has fabulous ideas!
Alison
Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

 
At June 13, 2014 at 6:53 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can you tell me another link to Cobb County's Guided Math site? I tried the one you pinned, but it gave the 404 link not found message. I'm trying very hard to read/research guided math in order to implement it this coming school year. Thanks so much! JWtchr@comcast.net

 
At June 13, 2014 at 9:24 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

That is very interesting. I can't get it to work either. I just used the link like two days ago. Try again in a couple of days... maybe it will work!

 
At June 13, 2014 at 9:27 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Here's another good one. http://mrsspruiellatschool.weebly.com IT WORKS! lol

 

Post a Comment

Hi! I would love to hear from you!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home