Friday, June 20, 2014

Favorite Pins Friday

Hey, Y'all!  I'm on vacation today!
 Ahhh... just what my soul needs!  Even though I'm on vacay and will not return until tomorrow, I have scheduled this post for you!  Instead of my favorite pins from this past week, these are some of my all-time favorite pins!


How clever is this idea and why haven't I thought of this?  This is a great way to keep yourself organized for all those new students you get at the beginning of the school year.  I could even have some student volunteers to put these together for me.  5th grade girlies always love helping!

Does anyone else have meet your teacher night?  We have it the night before school starts and it's usually on a Thursday.  Regardless of when we have it, it is nothing but C-R-A-Z-Y!!  Have you ever tried to talk to 30+ parents in a few hours?  A lot of times, it's all at once.  This is a great way to give the parents who are waiting to talk to you something to do.  I really wish we had open house later in the year so parents can come into the classrooms and actually see what their children have been doing.  In addition to stations, I will also be doing #3 below.


This is a great way for a no-excuse way to send good notes home.  All you have to do is write the letter and place a stamp on them.  It's a great way to also make sure that everyone gets a good note at least once.  Good-to-go!  

The famous words of teacher... only to find out they totally skipped over the entire last page!  How many of you ask your students to go back and check their work?  Have you ever watched to see what they do?  They literally go back, look over each question, see they have written SOMETHING down, then turn it back in. This is a short & sweet post that can definitely be put to good use.

Who doesn't like Lucy Calkins?  This is a WONDERFUL video of how a teacher incorporates close reading in a whole group lesson.  These lessons are great to introduce close reading to your classes.

Hope y'all have had a great week!  Keep pinning :)

Terri

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I would love to hear from you!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home