Friday, June 27, 2014

Favorite Pins Friday: Week 4

Hi!  I'm back again with some of my favorite pins from this week.  I tell you what.... I just LOVE Pinterest!  Please remember that the links are in the pictures.


Oh My!  I just love the simplicity of these nails.  They are classy and clean.  I am so going to have these for back to school!  I'm not sure about the heart, although it is {VERY} cute!  


 Is this real?  Is there a teacher's desk that looks this organized?  I just love how much workspace this teacher has and how neat and tidy everything is.  Are you a cleaner?  I need to have my desk cleared and neat before I leave each day.  You can tell what kind of day I have had by the way my desk looks!


 This is an excellent example of what text mapping looks like with nonfiction text.  I am so loving all the text marking and close reading pins I am finding.  Last year, I introduced close reading to myself (ha!) and to my students.  It is definitely something I am wanting to go deeper with this year.


Isn't this the cutest little guided reading toolbox ever?  I'm not sure if I would use all these things in this toolbox with 5th graders, but this picture sure makes me want one!  I usually do all my guided reading work at my table since I do a lot of close reading activities with my students, but I do spend Mondays and Fridays going around to listen to my students read.  


 This video is a must watch!  This is an excellent example of how to conduct a close reading lesson as a whole group.  I mostly conduct my close reading activities in small group, but this video made be see that it is possible to do it with a large group of students.

If you would like to follow me, you may do so by clicking below.

Happy Pinning :)

Labels:

2 Comments:

At June 28, 2014 at 1:51 AM , Blogger Alison Rose said...

I'm loving each and every one of these pins that you shared this week. I am so doing the nails in the top. Thanks for sharing the close reading stuff. Pinned! :)
Alison
Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

 
At June 28, 2014 at 9:14 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Glad you liked them!

 

Post a Comment

Hi! I would love to hear from you!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home