Friday, July 25, 2014

Favorite Pins Friday

YAY!  My favorite time of the week :)

{Source}
One of my first units we do the first week of school is a review of reading genres.  By 5th grade, students SHOULD have a clear idea of the different types of genres for fiction and nonfiction.  However, it's always a good idea to review those genres just to make sure all the students start off the year without a disadvantage.


{Source}
Speaking of genres, here's a great activity from Lessons with Laughter to help your students review reading genres.  It's also a great way to recycle some of those book order forms you do not need.


{Source}
One of my second units we complete during second week of school is to review literary elements in fiction texts.  Once again, 5th grade students should have an understanding of literary elements, but there always seems to be the few students who still need some instruction and practice.
{Source}
Just in time for back to school!  There are some VERY cute hairstyles for a casual yet together look. 

{Source}
Who doesn't think this is cute?  This would be a fab outfit for a casual teacher day.  I love the top with the dark jeans.  I could also see some leopard ballet flats too!

Labels:

2 Comments:

At July 25, 2014 at 11:08 AM , Blogger Janaye said...

LOVE the book order activity! We did that in 1st grade for author's purpose.

This is a great post idea--I just posted it too!

Janaye
Tales of Frogs and Cupcakes

 
At August 1, 2014 at 1:33 AM , Blogger Becky said...

Terri, I love your Favorite Pins Friday posts, and I mentioned them on my blog. I did one myself; hope you don't mind me "stealing" your idea. Love your blog!

Becky
Trials and Triumphs

 

Post a Comment

Hi! I would love to hear from you!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home