Friday, August 1, 2014

Favorite Pins Friday

I can't believe it is almost time for school to start back.  I have one more week left until we go into our 4 days of preplanning.  I am hoping to continue these through the year.  I'm not sure how much time I will have left to pin with the beginning of the school year approaching.  Anyways, here we go!


SOURCE
I've been seeing this all over Pinterest lately.  It's a great bulletin board idea to keep your students accountable for showing evidence in their reading.  There's a great post all about it, and you can even find a freebie for the letters.  Double Score!

SOURCE
 Non-fiction text structures and features are two of my most favorite things to teach.  My kiddos loves them, too!  This is an awesome anchor chart to highlight some commonly popular text features that students can find in their non-fiction reading.

SOURCE
 I've been doing a lot of teacher outfit pinning.  I've lost 4 pants sizes since I started my weight loss journey two years ago.  I've lost 2 since last fall.  That means that I don't have very much to wear!  I did purchase these beautiful trouser pants below.  I haven't gotten them yet, but I'll let you know how I like them.  I love these because they are dressy enough to wear to work.
SOURCE

SOURCE
 I love this text structure organizer.  This seems to be a foldable file from TpT that I have purchased in the past.  This is also similar to the way I taught text structure this past year.  You can read all about that here.

SOURCE
This is an activity I am using my first day of my literacy block.  It's a better way to get to know your students as readers.  I have also included an interest inventory for my students to complete.  This allows me to learn things about my students that I may not know.  You can download it below.


Labels:

1 Comments:

At August 3, 2014 at 7:30 PM , Blogger Alison Rose said...

Love the #1 pin. I had to definitely repin that one. Awesome that the original post had a freebie for the words too. Less stuff to make! :)
Alison
Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

 

Post a Comment

Hi! I would love to hear from you!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home