Saturday, April 11, 2015

Favorite Pins Friday {on Saturday}

WOOHOO! It's another Favorite Pins Friday!

I'm finally getting a few minutes here and there to pin. What in the world did we do before Pinterest? I mean, I use it A LOT with teaching and crafting. Here's my round-up for this week!

This teacher has a lot of great ideas about how to make every second of the day count for reading. I've been working really hard to allow my students time to independent read. I'm going to try and figure something out for next year. With only a little over an hour for each class... I'm not sure how it is going to work!


If you are new to close reading, first you should read either one the books mentioned in my Close Reading posts. Then, you should read this teacher's post. At first glance, my thoughts were that it was a little too primary for 5th graders. But after reading her entire post, I totally see how it can be used with upper grades.

Isn't this just genius? I currently use a binder system, but it's only to store one particular resource. I still have to scramble through several binders to get all my resources together when I'm teaching a skill. Not to mention it takes up a TON of shelf space that I can't spare to lose. Not anymore.... I started creating folders by standard. I'm going to start working on going back through my plans and placing resources in the corresponding standard folder. I'm hoping this will help me next year when I go to plan.


I'm sorry, but this is one of the most beautiful necklaces I have ever seen! Absolutely gorgeous! I would love to have one of each :)

Can we say YES, YES, YES!!! BTW...
Don't forget to follow me!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I would love to hear from you!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home