Friday, December 19, 2014

Around the Classroom

Last year, I posted a million pictures of my new 5th grade classroom. As I got ready to start back this year, I was fortunately in the same classroom. Everything pretty much went right back to where it was before. My room is kind of small, so there's not really many options. This year, I got *REALLY* tired of never having enough room. My students would have to move up for someone to get by, things would have to be moved to fit at the small group table, and it was just CRAZY! I had been wanting to move my small group table in front of my desk for long time, I just wasn't sure I would like it. To be honest, I really don't like my desk facing the wall, but it is definitely growing on me, and not having a whiteboard behind me really bothers me. Fortunately, I have an easel that I can easily wheel over to use if needed.

I wanted to share photos of my new small group area, so I decided that I would share a few pictures of my other favorite places, too! There's really nothing to take away from this post, but I know that I always enjoy checking out other teachers' classrooms!


My super awesome small group caddy that keeps all my pencils, pens, markers, and highlighters!
My teacher desk :) Up against the wall :(
It's the little things...
Can you tell I love pens??? LOL
My homework board :)
My new focus/objective board. I am *SO* in love with this thing :)
My husband built me these wonderful wooden apple bookends. 8 years going strong!
Document Camera Station
My Library
{with lots of new books}

**MORE NEW BOOKS** I Love Them!!!!
I still love my Thirty-One wall organizer!
Teacher Organization!!!
What keeps me sane :)
My kids love book shares. Every week my students sign up to share their current favorite read! This is their most *FAVORITE* time!
My Word Work Supplies
My Evidence Board
I had to add in my Christmas tree :)
My vintage Charlotte's Web novel :)
More Bookshelves & Storage
My reading chair... I spend a lot of time here :)


Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At December 20, 2014 at 10:03 AM , Blogger Julie said...

I love your chevron curtain and your new arrangement! I got rid of my teacher desk last year. I didn't think I could do it, but I have some of those stacked drawers (like yours) that hold all of my stuff and a rolling hanging file that I use constantly. It has really worked out way better than I ever thought. My small group table gets cluttered, but if forces me to clean it up because we need the space to work! Love all of your colors and I'm stealing your book share idea!! LOVE IT!

 

Post a Comment

Hi! I would love to hear from you!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home