Thursday, March 14, 2013

Anchor Chart Thursdays


What are Anchor Chart Thursdays?

Each Thursday, I will share an anchor chart with you and a short explanation about how I use it in my classroom.

Here we go!

Don't you just love anchor charts?

I do, and so do my students!  I use anchor charts so the students will have a visual to reference to.  I make them for just about anything, but I use them a lot in math.  With our new Common Core Standards, anchor charts have come in handy.  There's so much information for students recall that it's nearly impossible.  However, the anchor charts have been a huge help this year.  I keep them up for at least a month so
students can get multiple exposures to them.


On this anchor chart, the students and I were talking about comparing fractions and some things we can consider when comparing.  In the bottom left, you will notice some of the students' words in quotations.  I love to add student commentary to our anchor charts.  It allows the students to take ownership of their own learning.


post signature

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I would love to hear from you!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home