Friday, May 24, 2013

Five for Friday

I am linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for 
I don't have many pictures to share because this week has been so CRAZY at school!

{1}
Today was the kids' last day... WOOHOO!  That means that summer vacation for me is right around the corner!  I have three days of post-planning next week where I will work on packing up my room because I am moving up to 5th and looping with several of my students.  I'm already not looking forward to the last day of school next year because I'm going to be a HOT MESS.  I will have taught some of these students for two years.
{2}
We had our awards ceremony today and I was able to give some of my sweetest kiddos some awards.  I decided to make my own 'special' awards for every student in my homeroom.  Some of them were for "most likely to get dirty" and "best smile."  I wanted all of my students to get something.  BTW- here is a picture of of me and one of my students right after our awards program.
This boy is just so precious!
{3} 

We have exactly 
Until we are here
I can't wait!
{4}
I am almost finished with my Daily 5 book and i am IN LOVE with it.  Last year I taught math so I've not read it previously.  Next year I am teaching reading/writing/LA and I am so excited to implement it with my students.
{5}
Monday we are spending some time at the lake and I'm super excited.  My boys love the water and are going to have so much fun on the boat. 
Stay safe and have fun!



post signature

10 Comments:

At May 24, 2013 at 10:05 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Daily 5 is THE best! I signed up to go to the sisters conference in October. I'm such a nerd that I'm actually excited to go to a professional development!

Molly
Lucky to Be in First

 
At May 25, 2013 at 7:32 AM , Blogger Jennifer Laffin said...

I also enjoyed the Daily 5 book and it made such a huge difference in how I teach reading. Be sure to follow it up with the CAFE book -- also an awesome read! Looks like you have a lot of fun headed your way this summer.....I'm jealous!

Jennifer
Mrs. Laffin's Laughings

 
At May 25, 2013 at 4:13 PM , Blogger Julie DiBenedetto said...

Hi Terri!
So happy to find your precious blog on this week's 5 for Friday linky! I am a HUGE fan of Daily 5 and have been using it for 3 years now. AMAZING results and I can't imagine teaching without it! Happy Summer to you! I am happy to be a new follower!
Julie

Ms. Marciniak's First Grade Critter Cafe

 
At May 25, 2013 at 8:33 PM , Blogger First Grade Buddies said...

Happy Summer Break! We've made special awards for each of our kiddos too! We're anxious to hand them out, but have to wait a bit longer...we still have 2 weeks!

:) Tamra and Sarah
First Grade Buddies

 
At May 27, 2013 at 11:29 PM , Blogger Adventures in Room 204 said...

Hi Terri!

Happy Summer Break! Mine started on Friday afternoon as well. It feels great to have summer here! Daily 5 is wonderful. I don't know what I would have done without it. I just finished my first year of teaching and I don't know anything different to use during the literacy block. It's my saving grace! I am your newest follower and would love for you to stop over to my blog and follow me as well!

-Allison
Adventures In Room 204
http://adventuresinroom204.blogspot.com/

 
At May 28, 2013 at 9:49 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Don't worry... I'm a nerd too! I love PD ;-)

 
At May 28, 2013 at 9:50 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I am reading CAFE right now.. love it!

 
At May 28, 2013 at 9:50 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks, Julie! I can't wait to actually use it.

 
At May 28, 2013 at 9:50 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Bless you!

 
At May 28, 2013 at 9:51 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I'm so excited to use it in my class. Last year I taught math so this will be very different!

 

Post a Comment

Hi! I would love to hear from you!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home