Friday, May 3, 2013

Five for Friday

Hey ya'll!  I am linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching again for Five for Friday.  I have seriously got to get better at taking pics.  I {LOVE} looking at others' pictures, but I never seem to take any of my own... WHY????  It just doesn't make sense to me.  Oh well..

So, I will steal some pics {not many there either} from my teaching Instagram {BTW- you can follow me at thecreativeapple.

Here we go....


1. This is probably my favorite time of the day.  My students have activity first, so from 7:30 until 8:50 I get my nice, quiet, dimly lit room to myself.  It doesn't get much better than that.  In this pic is my Erin Condren life planner.... lOVE IT!  I am seriously considering an Erin Condren teacher planner, but I haven't made my decision yet.  Right now I have my very own custom template that has worked very well for me this year... which brings me to #2.
2. It was announced this week {even though I knew last week} that I will be moving to teach 5th grade next year.  
You see, I feel this is where I belong.  I have always thought this since I student taught in 5th grade.  My first year was spent in a self contained regular ed. 5th grade classroom and my second year was spent in a reading 5th grade classroom.  The past 4 years have been spent in a 4th grade math classroom.  I love teaching 4th grade math, but I felt it was time for a change.  Which leads me to #3....
3.  There really isn't much to say about this one except for the fact that I can't wait to get the time to read them cover-to-cover!  I am overly excited to implement these next year in my 5th grade ELA class.
4. We had a talent show this afternoon at school and it was just precious.  The kids have worked so hard on it this year and I think it turned out really well.  We have a list of 15 final acts that will perform on Monday night.  I am so proud of all the kids for getting on stage in front of the entire school.  That in itself is something that I probably would not do!
5. I'm looking forward this lazy weekend that we have planned.  Last week was spent camping.  Just in case you were wondering.. camping with a one-year old and a three-year old is NO JOKE!  I am still exhausted and trying to catch back up on my rest.
I hope you all have a great restful weekend!


post signature

Labels:

3 Comments:

At May 3, 2013 at 10:18 PM , Blogger Sara at school said...

Yeah on your grade change - sounds like something you are looking forward to.
Sara

 
At May 4, 2013 at 7:22 AM , Blogger Brandee Green said...

Yay for FIFTH GRADE! I am looking forward to reading all about your move to join us. :)
Brandee @ Creating Lifelong Learners

 
At May 4, 2013 at 11:19 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

You'll love the Daily 5. I wish the Sisters had written the book when I was still teaching fourth grade. I've always felt like it would have been so perfect for the upper grades, too.
~Andi

 

Post a Comment

Hi! I would love to hear from you!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home