Thursday, April 18, 2013

Interactive Anchor Charts

Hey, ya'll!  Welcome to my Anchor Chart Thursdays!  I know it's getting a slow start, but I wanted to find a way to share my anchor charts with you.  How many of you use interactive anchor charts?  I like to have my students interact with the anchor charts as well using them to help record our learning.  This particular anchor chart was one of our first when we introduced fractions this year.  We used every day objects that the students are accustomed to seeing.  When we use every day objects that students can relate to, it gives them something to activate their learning.  This anchor chart was also used in small group instead of my activating / mini-lesson.  When I use the anchor charts depends on what I want to do with it and what objective I have for the students.  How do you use interactive anchor charts in your own classroom?  This is something I discuss in my upcoming product,
A Teacher's Guide to Math Workshop.  I am still working on it, and I hope to have it done by the end of the month.  I had originally hoped for mid-April, but we just finished CRCT testing so everything else has pretty much been on the back burner.

Don't forget to join me next week on 

post signature

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I would love to hear from you!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home