Friday, June 14, 2013

A Teacher's Guide to Math Workshop

Ya'll, I have been working on this since last year!  What?  It has been a huge under taking but I am glad to say that it is now FINISHED!  What an accomplishment!?!?!!!  This baby has taken so many hours to put together.  It is my Teacher's Guide to Math Workshop.  When I taught math for four years, most of them were spent using the math workshop (or guided math.. same thing) model.  I had so many ideas and plans of what worked for me that I wanted to share with all of you.  There are a few posts here on the blog, but this guide goes into great detail (107 pages to be exact) and also has freebies for you.  Through the weekend I am offering it to you for only $5!  Say what?  After that it will be regularly priced at $10.  So, grab yours now.  Here's the information from my shop.

Have you wanted to join in on all the guided math fun but are not sure how to get started? This 100+ page guide is intended for teachers who want to learn more about implementing the guided math/math workshop model in their classroom. This file does not contain actual math lessons, but it is a great instructional resource. This file goes through step-by-step procedures of how I have made it work for me for the past three years. It also includes photos and files of my classroom, things I use in my classroom, and resources that you can download. Basically, I took all the information I would normally deliver to a workshop class, and typed it out for you in the format of a guide. This guide includes:

• Reflecting on your own math instruction.
• What is math workshop?
• What does math workshop look like?
• Why should you use math workshop?
• Relating reading workshop and math workshop.
• Math workshop scheduling
• All Math Workshop Components in detail with photos (activating strategies, mini-lessons, guided small groups, math calendar, math workstations.)
• Resources I use during activating learning, mini-lessons, small groups, math calendar, and workstations.
• Free workstation sample
• Assessment Tools (ideas for recording and tracking data from pre/post tests and weekly assessments.)
• Rotation Poster
• Basket & Bin labels for workstation baskets and workstation storage.
• Storage and organization ideas.

This is a must read for anyone wanting to learn more about using the guided math / math workshop model in your classroom.

Here's the link to grab your now... CLICK HERE.

And here's a preview of some of the pages.  You can also click them to go to my shop.


 I hope you enjoy it.  I am really excited to be able to share it with you :)


post signature

Labels:

3 Comments:

At June 14, 2013 at 4:23 PM , Blogger Adventures in Room 204 said...

Wow, thank you for sharing this! I'm glad I saw this post before the price goes up! I will definitely be purchasing this. :)

-Allison
Adventures in Room 204

 
At June 14, 2013 at 8:03 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

The links embedded in the file were not working, but now they are. Very frustrating!

 
At June 20, 2013 at 3:52 AM , Anonymous runescape gold said...

I would so really like a duplicate of this guide for your loved ones members. We really like informing experiences but I experience the need for a little motivation.


buying rs gold
Diablo 3 Gold
aion gold

 

Post a Comment

Hi! I would love to hear from you!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home