Friday, June 21, 2013

Classroom Update #1

If you follow me, then you have probably already read that I will be switching classrooms, grade levels, and subjects next year.  I'm going from 4th grade math to 5th grade reading/ELA.  Not a huge difference but it really is when you've had your head in the 4th grade math standards for four years.  I have taught 5th grade (and I love it) reading before, but I haven't done anything with reading/ELA since the Common Core rolled in so I have a lot of learning to do.  Just when you get comfy... nah.. just kidding.  I'm super excited.  However, I'm not too excited that I am leaving a HUGE room to come to one that's probably 1/3 the size of my old one... no joke... 1/3 the size.  I've acquired a ton of stuff so I was thinking there was no way I would fit all this stuff in that tiny room.  Well, I went in today because I had to drop my niece off for hitting camp next door.  This is what I came into... a HOT MESS!
Hello... where are my two tiny children??

Yeah, I forgot to mention that my three-year-old and my wild loving 17-month-old were with me.  Both boys... both a mess... both into everything!  They love coming to my room.  In fact, my oldest left this adorable picture for me.  

How will I ever be able to erase it???
I was there for about two hours and actually managed to get a lot done considering I had to manage the 17-month-old.  During our stay, he was caught:
1) tipping over my rolling card and spilling all the drawer contents (paperclips, markers, etc) all over the place
2) climbing a ladder
3) standing on a bench
4) opening the door and running down the hall
5) eating a small timer battery (the 2nd one is still missing)
6) attempting to escape outside
7) playing in the water fountain
8) swishing hand in toilet
Let's just stop there.... you get my point!  
I did get some things moved around thanks to a neighbors rug and diapers (lol)!  You see, my floors have just been buffed and like to keep them shiny so I move heavy things by putting one side on a rug and then lifting the other side and sliding it around the room.  At first, all I had were two diapers... hehe.  Then, I borrowed a rug from my classroom neighbor.  Then, I finally found the hand trucks in the closet.. DUH!!
Here's the finished product.  I mostly have an idea of where I want to put things.  Next, I will work on unpacking the boxes and getting rid of all the junk I don't need... and finding where to hide all the junk I still need :)


post signature

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At June 21, 2013 at 5:47 PM , Blogger Adventures in Room 204 said...

Your room still looks bigger than mine! :)

-Allison
Adventures in Room 204

 

Post a Comment

Hi! I would love to hear from you!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home