Monday, August 12, 2013

Let's Talk About Me & Update

Well, as you are reading this, I am either getting ready for work or already at work.  I can't believe my summer is over!  To say that I am ready is a complete understatement.  First of all, it went by waaaa-ay too fast.  AND....  It's impossible to get ready for the new year when you change grade levels.  It's even more impossible when you change grade levels and subjects!  I still have so many things I need to get done {including finishing my binder posts here.. sorry ya'll... life happens.  I will get it done.. eventually} that I'm not sure how it's all going to work out.  To make the week a little better, I will be capturing my week with pics.  You can view photos throughout my week by following along on my Instagram.  I just love Instagram... it's so much fun!  I might even throw in some #sharewhatchawear because I just love clothes!... and I may have lost a few pounds ;)

On a happier note, I am going to try my best to post each day and link up with the authors of Blog Hoppin for Teacher Week '13 because.... well.... because it's just fun!  


This brings us to today... Monday!

Let's Talk About Me


I usually don't like to talk about myself that much.  I guess that kind of explains my personality.  I'm a very shy person and didn't talk that much while I was in school except to my friends.  I was not good at meeting new people and I'm still not.  I guess that explains my lack of friends outside of my family.  With two kids, a husband, a job, housework, and every thing in between... who has time?  I'm a home body who would much rather hang out at the house.  First and foremost, I love my Jesus and all the blessings he has given me.  He has stood beside me during some difficult times in my life.  Secondly, I love my husband.  I am so thankful that God sent him to me :)  Third, I love my family!  I am beyond blessed with two sweet boys and a wonderful extended family.

When I tell people that I grew up with or went to school with that I'm a teacher, the look on their face is priceless.  I was NOT the best student in school.  I hated school {when I was there} so it's quite funny that I spend a lot of my time there now!  Many teachers say they knew they wanted to be a teacher when they were little.  Although I did play 'school' with my three sister a lot, I wouldn't say I wanted to be a teacher, but I always had a love for school supplies... now that makes sense :)

It wasn't until I took a job as a secretary at an alternative school that I realized I wanted to go into elementary education.  5th grade is my heart and I'm so glad I'm moving back there this year.  With 5th grade, you either love it or hate it... I SO love it :)

Lastly, I wanted to share some things that I must-have because I think it explains a lot about who I am.  

#1- COFFEE... enough said.

#2- my iPhone

#3- My MacBook Pro.. couldn't imagine life without it!

#4- My Erin Condren Life Planner... these are so addicting :)

#5- Paper Mate Flair pens: both types
{these are for grading}

{these are for my planner} 

#6 {we'll stop here because I could go on & on}: Mr. Sketch Markers.. love these for my anchor charts!

So, if I had to describe in a nutshell I would say...
Loving
Giving
Fair
Colorful
Happy
Blessed
Compassionate
Girly

Have a Good Monday, Ya'll!  

Don't forget to follow me on Insta!

post signature

Labels:

3 Comments:

At August 12, 2013 at 9:27 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Good luck on your first day. Mine's on Wednesday so not ready.

 
At August 12, 2013 at 3:28 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Oh, I love those flair pens too! My dad had some lying around, but I didn't realize what they were. Thank you. ;)
Those planners and all the stuff on the Erin Condren are so cool! But are they worth the large price tag though?

 
At August 13, 2013 at 5:04 PM , Blogger Rachelle said...

Terri.... I seriously nodded my head at EVERY ONE OF THOSE! We ARE friends!

 

Post a Comment

Hi! I would love to hear from you!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home