Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Finally Back!

Ya'll....

It has been a crazy life lately.  If any of you help out with VBS at church then you can relate when I say we had VBS last week.  I.was.so.exhausted!  Not to mention that both of my babies had a stomach bug.  I was nurse by day and craft instructor by night... and so so tired.  We didn't get home until almost 10pm every night.  Then, my Internet has been out... say what??  Not having Internet is not acceptable! I do have to say that it was kind of nice.  I did get behind on a ton of things which is no fun....

Anyways, I wanted to share a couple of things that I have worked on in the past 2 weeks.  If you have emailed or commented and I haven't responded, I'm so sorry!  Like I said... my Internet has been out.

Okay... here's my LATE Monday Made It!
I posted this on my Instagram since my Internet was out.  


Several commented wanting to know how I made it.  Well, you can find that tutorial here.  I have actually placed this on my classroom wall above my bookshelf.  I think it's a bit too large, but since I made it... might as well use it!

Next on my list... :)

I did manage to update my classroom twitter account.  I'm so excited to use this with my students!  I have also linked it to my class website so all my updates from my website will be posted to twitter.  Some on Instagram were asking how I planned on using this.  Basically, I am planning to use twitter (have my parents follow me) and Remind 101 to keep my parents updated on homework, major assignments, and tests.  This way, we have no surprises!  Here's my twitter... love it!

I love that the design not only matches my blog, but it also matches my classroom and my classroom website.  LOVE!

I've also been doing a little shopping.  This is nowhere near what all I have purchased {because that would just be embarrassing} but I fell in love with the super sized post-its.  And, at BOGO, I couldn't resist.  What will I use them for??  Who knows!

Lastly, my #1 seller in my TpT shop is my 4th grade vocabulary set.  I made this last summer and they are pretty neutral to go with just about any decor.  I used these in my classroom last year and I loved them!  


I can't tell you how often my students used them while they were working.  The headers were already up when school started.  As we learned new things, we would use the vocabulary cards during instruction and review and once the unit was over, I would add them to our word wall.  It was great!  I have decided to create the same exact file but with gray chevron.  I'm super excited about how these turned out!  I also changed the font so it's a little more easier to read from afar.  It's on sale for Wednesday only.  You can view it here.

Thanks for hanging with me!  I have a lot of other things to share but that's for another post :)


post signature




Labels:

2 Comments:

At July 31, 2013 at 2:01 AM , Blogger Alison Rose said...

Welcome back! A little birdie told me that Twitter might be available in my district this year. If so, I plan on trying it out with the kids. I fear sometimes that I give too much information or too many resources since I'm already doing a class website and Edmodo, but one more won't hurt...right? I have such a hard time keeping up with all the Social Media and actually getting out of my pajamas because I want to read and see EVERYTHING...school starting should be interesting for me! Lol!
Alison
Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

 
At July 31, 2013 at 5:08 AM , Anonymous Gold For Runescape said...

I believe there are lots of more pleasant periods up front for folks who read carefully your blog post.
Gold für WOW Kaufen
runescape gold

 

Post a Comment

Hi! I would love to hear from you!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home