Sunday, April 26, 2015

Favorite Pins Friday {& New Look!}

Hey, y'all! I'm wanting to try out my new blog design today, so I'm sharing my {suppose to be} Favorite Pins Friday post. Maybe one of these days I'll get it right! I'm LOVING my new color scheme! I got the inspiration from the Simply Southern tees. If you have not checked these out and you live in the south... shame on you!

Let me start off with my very own seat work! This has been such a WONDERFUL addition to my classroom. I love how the students know exactly what to do when they come into the classroom. It normally takes about 5-10 minutes from the time the first person comes into the room until the time we finish going over the correct writing for the day.


This looks like it would be a great resource for my informational unit. I love how he has the students differentiate between text features and text structures. They get so confused with these two. I already have a few fun activities for this unit like the one below. BTW- if you don't follow me on Instagram... you totally should!

This year, we didn't really know how to teach writing because we really didn't understand how the state department was going to assess the students. Now that we have an idea, my writing instruction is going to need an entire overhaul! I love the organization of this anchor chart.
What's not to love about the way these adorable poems are presented? So clever and unique!
I don't teach math any longer, but if I did, this note taking technique would definitely be on my to-do list. I love how organized it is. This is a great way to take notes on any skill that contains a lot of information.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At April 27, 2015 at 8:48 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Ugh! I totally feel your pain on the writing part of the GMA! I was not prepared for not and sadly neither were my kiddos bc it was nothing like we'd been told it was going to be. I'll be working on my writing instruction too ... Can't wait to see what resources you come up with! Your stuff is always so helpful!

 

Post a Comment

Hi! I would love to hear from you!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home