Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Reading Strategies That Work

Do you remember the feeling you get when you find a PD book that totally grabs you in? Everything on the pages are highlighted and there are stickies everywhere with notes because it is just.that.good?

The last time I felt this way was when I read a close reading book a few years ago.

Well, have you read this book yet?
Available on Amazon.com
It is SOOO good! In fact, it's so good that I am planning on sharing some great take-aways that I've had while reading it. Right now I'm still digging in so it will be a little while. I'm thinking maybe a summer series? Keep looking for it because it's coming! Grab your copy if you'd like to join in with ideas! I'd love to hear some take-aways you have!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At April 30, 2015 at 2:53 PM , Blogger KNJ Kreations said...

Hi Ms. Thornton!! I just came across your post and realized - wait a minute, didn't i want to read that book? I remembered one of my admins gave me a bunch of books to refer to (i must admit I had not looked at the bunch yet) so I just took a look and VOILA I have that exact book!! I immediately put it in my tote to take home and it's on my summer reading list. I read your "About Me" and boy, do we have a lot in common! 4th and 5th grade teachers…mommy to little boy(s)…common core…daily 5. we should chat!! hope you get to check out our blog! [I am the J of KNJ :)]

 

Post a Comment

Hi! I would love to hear from you!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home