Saturday, May 16, 2015

Favorite Pins Fraturday

A few days ago I blogged about some things I want to change up for next year. So, today's Favorite Pins post is going to be related to some of these changes I'm wanting to make.

I have actually pinned a lot of things lately, but I'm only going to share five with you today. If you want more resources, go to my Pinterest board and check out my pins.
Want to have your students set goals? This is a great blog post to get it all started! It talks about different ways for students to keep track of their progress as well as different goals they can make.
With my reading time pretty much cut in half next year, I'm looking for some creative ways to incorporate read to self time. Having students use their own books to practice our skill and reading with a purpose (whether it be point of view, conflicts, theme, change in character, etc.) is a great way to maximize class time. This is a great read to get your creative ideas going!
This is a great blog post about an informational writing project to have your students complete. This teacher shares some things that worked really well with her students and some things that she would have done differently.
I've read this, and it is wonderful! It's a great post about incorporating reading and writing into your instruction.
If you don't have time to read any PD books about close reading, you need to make time and read this post. It has quick and easy strategies for teachers to teach their students and students to begin using right away! Stop what you are doing and read this NOW!!!

These have definitely put me in next year mode. I'm reading to get some plans in full swing!

1 Comments:

At May 17, 2015 at 3:46 PM , Blogger Ursula said...

Who is the author of Writing about Reading? Is this a book?
Thanks,

 

Post a Comment

Hi! I would love to hear from you!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home