Monday, June 24, 2013

Monday Made It


Good Monday!  I'm linking up with Tara again this week!  

In the summer, Mondays are always one of my favorite days because it begins the start of everyone’s weekly routine again.  There is nothing better than getting up at 5:50, going for a run, and sitting down around 6:30 to drink my coffee and catch up on some blog reading.  I.JUST.LOVE.IT!  With that said, I also love Mondays because I get to share what I’ve been working on over the weekend.  I try to have my Made Its be something crafty instead of something digital.  I have enough things I need to accomplish anyways so I might as well get them done one Monday at a time.  This Made It was something that I didn’t know I needed….lol!  Right before I left the house to go out and purchase some cute chevron fabric for my new curtains in my classroom {those will be next weeks} I saw this adorable craft on Pinterest and knew right away that I wanted to make them.  
Source DeLoop Blog

The great thing is that she has a wonderful tutorial on her blog.  I followed it step-by-step. 

This was not her original idea so you can get the original source by clicking here.

I went out and purchased all the supplies she listed.  I had never used the glue she mentioned but I thought I would give it a try anyway.  Here’s how mine turned out.





You may remember a post from last summer of a magneticboard I made for my teacher work area.  I am planning on using the magnets in this area and on my whiteboard and such.  They are oh so cute!  I am planning on making some of them personalized for myself and for a few friends :)  Great and inexpensive teacher friend gift!

Here are a few things to take note of.
  • The glue was awesome and dried clear but it was terribly messy.  Although I have more I want to create, I will probably stick to Mod Podge.
  • I will use hot glue to glue the magnets on.  They kept trying to slid off onto the plate.
  • You could probably use Mod Podge instead of varnish if you don’t have any.
  • Hobby Lobby had all the supplies needed. 
  • Hobby Lobby has large clear stones that I purchased.  They are between 1” and 2” in diameter.  I love how large they are!
  • I would have liked to have a greater variety of glitter but they were so expensive {3.99 each.. not to mention the $40 worth of fabric I was purchasing} that I just stuck with the basics.


I hope you will try to make some!  I can't wait to make more :)

18 Comments:

At June 24, 2013 at 9:26 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

These are so cute and fun! Thanks for sharing!

Krista
Stellar-Students

 
At June 24, 2013 at 9:51 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

What a great idea--I do so love glitter! I am a new follower...

Smiles,
Sarah @ Hoots N Hollers

 
At June 24, 2013 at 10:35 AM , Blogger Emily said...

Cute - I also made magnets. Thanks for sharing!

Emily
I Love My Classroom

 
At June 24, 2013 at 11:17 AM , Blogger Journey of a Substitute Teacher (Ms. T) said...

Cute and glittery!

Journey Of A Substitute Teacher

 
At June 24, 2013 at 11:18 AM , Blogger Tara said...

So fun! Adding this to my list:) You can never have enough cute magnets:) Thanks for linking up:) I'm a runner too.....well, I have been running all summer....tweaked my knee this morning:/ Not sure what I did wrong....I have training the next 2 days so hopefully what ever I did will be better after that:)

4th Grade Frolics

 
At June 24, 2013 at 11:30 AM , Blogger The Polished Teacher said...

Love these! Glitter is super expensive! I hate it! I wanted to share one of my Monday Made It posts from the past that is very similar to yours. You can use glitter nail polish to get a similar effect for "free" if you have any on hand. Or they often sell great glitter nail polish for only 99 cents!

Here's the link! http://thepolishedteacher.blogspot.com/2012/10/something-new-sundayon-tuesday.html

The Polished Teacher

 
At June 24, 2013 at 12:39 PM , Blogger Brandi said...

These are on my to do list! Yours came out great!

http://thepolishedteacher.blogspot.com/2012/10/something-new-sundayon-tuesday.html

 
At June 24, 2013 at 12:39 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Oh no! I hope all is turns out ok with the knee. I've been running for about a year now. I still can't believe that I run and actually don't mind it. I never thought that day would come!

 
At June 24, 2013 at 12:40 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

That's a great idea! Thanks!

 
At June 24, 2013 at 1:09 PM , Blogger Teaching Little Miracles said...

Cute magnets! Thanks for sharing!

Crystal
Teaching Little Miracles

 
At June 24, 2013 at 1:39 PM , Blogger Erin said...

I just made these recently too and LOVE them!
Erin
Short and Sassy Teacher

 
At June 24, 2013 at 6:21 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Super cute and a great idea!

Jennifer Smith-Sloane
4mulaFun

 
At June 24, 2013 at 6:42 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

They turned out so great. Sometimes I don't believe it would work if I see it on pinterest, but now that I've seen it done twice... maybe I'll try it.

Mercedes
Surfing to Success

 
At June 24, 2013 at 9:33 PM , Blogger Cupcake said...

Oh, I love magnets and I love glitter!!
❤Teri
A Cupcake for the Teacher

 
At June 25, 2013 at 12:02 AM , Blogger Adventures in Room 204 said...

These are very cute! I have been thinking about how I could use these in my classroom. Maybe I'll just use them for my own personal use?! :)

-Allison
Adventures in Room 204

 
At June 25, 2013 at 7:20 AM , Blogger Amanda said...

Super cute. Thanks for the hints!
Amanda

 
At June 25, 2013 at 5:24 PM , Blogger Anne Tussing said...

Great project! I can't wait to try it. Thanks for the idea:)

 
At June 25, 2013 at 8:07 PM , Blogger Robin Harris said...

I LOVE those!!
Robin
The Bomb-Diggity Classroom

 

Post a Comment

Hi! I would love to hear from you!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home