Friday, June 19, 2015

Favorite Pins Friday: Tried & True

This will be a quick post since I am soaking it up in the sun and sand right now!

Here's my view... lovely!

I'm bringing you 8 Tried & True Pinterest-Inspired projects I have done either in my classroom or at home.

{1} Text Mapping- Loved this! It was a little time consuming but it really got the kids engaged with the textbook! Great for science and social studies teachers!
{2} Planning Organization- I started doing the checklist that she mentions on this post for each week. It was amazing just how well-prepared I was for each week. By Thursday, I would have all my plans, copies, and activities ready to go for the following week! Great use of time.
{3} Character Bottle Project- You've seen this on my Instagram account. This was by far the cutest and most fun project I did with my students this year. It was their favorite!
{4} Amazon Book Report- This is a cute idea. It needs some in-depth explanation as my students struggled to meet my expectations. They did it at home in the place of the reading log. It would be a great project in class.
{5} Weekly Organization- I still use this in my class. Once my copies come back from the copier, I place them in a 'next week' drawer. On Friday, I pull them out and place them in the appropriate drawer for the following week. I use the cart pictured HERE which I don't think will work next year since I will teach 4 classes. The drawers were already full with just two classes this year.
{6} Point of View Writing- This will still be an activity I will use next year when teaching point of view. The students did such a great job with it!
{7} Mason Jar Door Hanger- I'm still working on painting this, but I can't wait to put it on my front door!
{8} Genre Sort- The students really loved this! And... it's a great way to recycle all those flyers you don't use!

What are some of your favorite Pinterest-Inspired activities?

Labels:

1 Comments:

At July 2, 2015 at 11:48 PM , Blogger Alison Rose said...

Awww...I see my bins again! I seriously have had those bins for as long as I can remember. They make my life so much easier. The kids know exactly where to go to get what they need in those bins each day. It's the very best organizational tool that I have in my classroom! Thanks for sharing my pin!
Alison
Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

 

Post a Comment

Hi! I would love to hear from you!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home