Sunday, June 21, 2015

How I Plan My Week {Personal Planner}

Hey y'all! I'm a little late to the party (I mean.. hello.. it's Father's Day... I've been busy:), but I'm linking up any way with Meghan and Robyn for the first ever Plan with Me Sundays linky!

Now, let me just go ahead and warn you... there is nothing fancy here! I don't have an office because we *still* live in our starter home that... ummmm... we were only going to live in for 3-5 years! Ten years later and we are still here! So... it's getting a little crowded up in here! Do I want an office so I can have my *own* space in a house full of boys? ABSOLUTELY! But, I'm trying to ready my house for the market in a year or so. Until then, I'm left spending all my time and extra money on upgrades to make my house that much better for the next owner... go figure! And to be completely honest.. I rarely have time on Sundays to sit down and relax let alone put all sorts of cutesy stickers in my planner for decoration. No offense to those of you who do... it's great! I love it! I wish I had time for it. But with 2 boys ages 5 and 3... it's a little crazy around here! Hopefully I will get to be you in a few years :) So here we go... my little planner that I use to organize my PERSONAL life :)

{excuse my yucky pictures... they were taken with my phone... I need to stop doing this!!}


I have been using Erin Condren life planners for about four years now. I've gotten my sister totally hooked and the funny thing is that she uses hers totally different than me!

I like to use the monthly layout and then transfer that information on the weekly layout that I use the most. It helps keep me organized through the week and has more room for writing. I try to set time aside to transfer everything over and make goals for the week on Sunday!  I have managed to change up the function of my planner with my custom labels I made. It makes more sense to me. The pictures you see here are not for this week. I haven't had time to plan my week yet... SIGH!

I have found it very useful to set goals and draw little boxes so I can check things off. Is it just me or is there something about checking things off a list? I love it!

As far as pens, here are some of my favorites. You can click on the picture to order them on Amazon.com!


How do you plan??

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

At June 21, 2015 at 11:37 PM , Blogger Emily said...

Thank you for keeping it real. Love how you have customized it!

 
At June 21, 2015 at 11:44 PM , Blogger I {Heart} Recess said...

Love your custom labels...that does make more sense! Thanks for sharing the pens you like to use :)

Jess

 
At June 22, 2015 at 7:32 AM , Blogger Keeping Up with Mrs. Harris said...

Terri!!! Thanks so much for joining in our linky fun! I love your planner! So excited to see you join in! Go ahead and pencil me in for lunch this summer :) :) :)

Email me so I can send you more information about future link ups. I want to do something fun for the next one :) meghanharris1223@yahoo.com

 
At June 22, 2015 at 8:05 AM , Blogger Paula’s Place said...

I am in love with my EC planner too!!
Paula’s Place and iSURF Maths

 
At June 22, 2015 at 8:10 AM , Blogger Robyn Beele said...

I also love checking off boxes! I have thought about getting the personalized stickers. I love that idea! Thanks for linking up!

 
At June 22, 2015 at 8:35 AM , Blogger Mandy said...

Girl, I hear you about the no time for cute little stickers. My kids are 2 and 4! LOL! I feel accomplished when I actually JUST plan for the week! LOL! Love the weekly layout with the labels- I had an EC planner a few years ago( and didn't like the labeled weekly pages) and this is new to me!!! I LOVE that now!!!

 
At June 22, 2015 at 10:30 AM , Blogger The Fabulous Life of an Elementary Teacher said...

I LOVE your custom labels! Can you order the planner that way or did you make the labels and stick them on? Great post :)
Lacey
The Fabulous Life of an Elementary Teacher

 
At June 22, 2015 at 7:24 PM , Blogger Teaching Eternity said...

I am also a ECLP user who got her sisters addicted to planning, makes her own section headers and uses staedtler markers! #twinsies! Thanks for sharing! Michelle (I was also late to link up as I just did today!)

 
At June 27, 2015 at 3:30 PM , Blogger Krisanna said...

I love to check things off, so much so that I add boxes to check things off that I completed even if they weren't on my list before! I'm also a staedtler addict as well! As far as cutesy, I like cutesy, but I can't function if the page gets too busy. Your stuff looks great!

Krisanna
Simply Secondary

 
At July 5, 2015 at 12:42 PM , Blogger Terri said...

Totally random question.... where did you get your arrow clipart that is on your pictures? I love them!
Cheers,
Terri

 

Post a Comment

Hi! I would love to hear from you!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home