Monday, June 22, 2015

Monday Made It: Summer 2015 #2

Welcome Back! I'm joining up again with my friend Tara for another Monday Made It!

I have one to share with you today. It's more for my personal life, but I am planning to make a few to put in my room next year and give to my team for their beginning of the school year present :) I made these for an end of the year summer gift for my boys' teachers. There are 7 of them, so I had to think of something cost effective. I MAY have $5 in each of these, but it's probably more like $3 since I already had a lot of the supplies at my house :)
Take your cut boards and stain them or paint them. I decided to stain them because it was quick and easy. I'll probably end up painting the ones I will put in my classroom and give as gifts.

Once you have it stained or painted, take about 12" of burlap ribbon and tie a knot in the middle. Pull tight to get the center of the bow as small as possible. Secure to the board with hot glue (a teacher's BFF!).
I made two by using a wire to secure the bow in the middle (not the knot look). It's all fun and games until this happens... Ahhhh!
Secure the frame to the wood with hot glue. I like the frames with the magnetic strip on the back because it keeps the frame from melting. I applied my hot glue directly to the magnet. Here they are all lined up! These are great teacher gifts!


Thanks for checking out my crafty-ness! What are some things you have created lately that you just love? Go share it on Tara's Monday Made It!

Labels:

7 Comments:

At June 22, 2015 at 9:44 AM , Blogger Tonya said...

Oh, those frames are too cute for words! I have a husband with a wood working shop....can you see where this is going? I am thinking I can whip out a bunch of these for appreciation gifts. Thanks for such a cute, economical idea. I really appreciate that you told where you got the supplies and the cost involved. :)
Tonya
Storybook Endings in Second

 
At June 22, 2015 at 9:46 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks! I think I ended up getting like 12-15 frames just from one piece of wood.. Awesome!!

 
At June 22, 2015 at 10:12 AM , Blogger Elizabeth said...

those are super cute!
Thanks for sharing

Elizabeth
Hodges Herald

 
At June 22, 2015 at 10:27 AM , Blogger FabandFunin4th! said...

What a simple project, but so cute!! Love it!

Bethany
FabandFunin4th!

 
At June 22, 2015 at 2:31 PM , Blogger Amanda said...

I love these! Thanks for the idea; these could be used for lots of different gifts!

Amanda
A Very Curious Class

 
At June 23, 2015 at 2:18 AM , Blogger Emily said...

Very clever!

 
At July 2, 2015 at 11:41 PM , Blogger Alison Rose said...

The frames are absolutely adorable! I will need to make some of these. Super creative!
Alison
Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

 

Post a Comment

Hi! I would love to hear from you!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home