Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Character Traits Lapbook

So, I've been looking for fun things to get my students really involved and engaged. We do anchor charts and they *sometimes* take notes, but I wanted a fun way that they could have the information at their fingertips. We do some interactive notebooking, but sometimes that gets very repetitive. So... I came up with a lapbook! This particular one is for character traits. I teach this fairly early on in the year, so I wanted to go ahead and get started on it. Here's a preview of what it looks like!



I absolutely LOVE it! I just know the kiddos are going to love putting this together. You can go check it out in my store by clicking here. Go ahead... you know you want it ;)

I will be working on one for summarizing, quoting, and paraphrasing since that is the VERY FIRST thing we do in class. Look for it by next week!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At July 8, 2015 at 10:49 AM , Blogger Amber said...

OMG I teach 4th and SO need a lesson on summarize, quote, and paraphrase - very interested to see what you do!!!

 
At July 15, 2015 at 2:02 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

This is going to be one of our first lessons when we return (after weeks of routines, of course!) I'll be sure to post about it!

 
At August 10, 2015 at 8:51 AM , Blogger Willis said...

There are three ways of incorporating other writers' work into your own writing: quoting, paraphrasing, and summarizing. If you are taking a writing class, you may be asked to use all three. This is an important aspect of any paper that you (and your teacher) will want you to master. this paraphrasing vs summarizing will help you to know some batter point about the paraphrasing and summarizing.

 

Post a Comment

Hi! I would love to hear from you!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home